Is it time to delete your Gmail account? If you prefer another email browser or want to finally do away with that embarrassing username you created years ago, it is very easy to move on from your Gmail account.
How to delete your Gmail account?
Deleting your Gmail account permanently, after going through the process, all of your account settings and emails will be erased. You will no more be able to use your Gmail account to send or receive emails, and the address will not available for anyone else to use in the future.
However, deleting a Gmail account does not delete the whole Google Account the email account is associated with. You still have access to all other Google Account, such as Google Drive, Google photos, your calendar, Google Play and many more. Gmail will ask that you provide an alternate Gmail address to use to sign in to the Google Account in the future.
Following are the steps to Delete your Gmail account:
- On Google.com, Sign-in into your Gmail account
- Click on the icon in the upper right corner and select “Gmail Account”.
- Click on “Delete your account.”
- Select the option “Delete products.”
- Enter your current password.
- Click the trash option can icon next to “Gmail.”
- Enter an alternate Gmail address.
- Click on “Send Verification Email.”
- Open the Gmail account from Google you should have received with your alternate Gmail.
- Follow the deleting icon in the message.
- If you want to prompt, log into the Gmail account you that want to delete.
- Then Select the option “Yes, I want to delete (example)@com.” by clicking on it.
- Click on “Delete Gmail.” Then, click “Done.”